The Wellness Center of San Joaquin County will support and educate consumers, family members and the community on issues concerning Mental Health. Our purpose is to reduce stigma related to mental illness through peer support and self-help. We believe in transformation and recovery.
“We are a people who are not our illness. We have strengths within ourselves and want to be recognized for them. We believe it is important to recognize everyone has core gifts to offer and share with the community. Our purpose is to help others find the strengths and gifts within themselves. This, in return, builds strength within us all.”
– Peer run support classes and groups;
– Access to resources to encourage an individual's journey toward recovery;
– Support from Peer Recovery Coaches;
– One-on-one peer counseling (non-clinical);
– Access to resources to enhance knowledge of mental illness and how to be an effective supporter;
– Information about other supportive resources in the community.
– Outreach and education with community partners;
– Partnering to reduce stigma related to mental illness;
– Collaboration in furthering the transformation of public Mental Health Services
– Partnering to provide streamlined access to services and support.
– Confidential and safe environment for consumers to share their experiences and learn from other consumers;
– Information Andres strategies for medication alliance;
– Basic healthcare;
– Budgeting, money management and smart shopping;
– Community support services;
– Learning strategies for effective interaction with the Social Security Administration and other resources.
– Available for individual, spiritual exploration and growth as part of recovery;
– The Serenity Room is available for quiet time and exploring a holistic approach to Mental Health and awareness.
– Consumers develop and utilize an individualized recovery plan;
– Learn to identify individual symptoms, triggers and needs;
– Learn the skills for resilience and how to bounce back from life’s challenges;
– Learn the skills necessary for self-responsibility, self-advocacy, recovery and wellness;
– Develop a support system of trusted friends, family members and professionals.
– Computer Lab
– Self-Education Library
– Serenity Room
– Information about Employment, Housing, Transportation & Other Community Resources
The belief that we can and will overcome barriers and obstacles confronting us.
The belief that we can overcome challenges in our lives and accomplish our goals.
The belief that we are responsible for the consequences of our choices and we learn from our mistakes.
The belief that we can be active and contributing members of our community.